The West Virginia University Industrial Assessment Center (WV-IAC) provides free energy, productivity, and waste assessments to small and medium-sized industrial facilities through funding provided by the US Department of Energy.
Energy Engineering related programs, degrees, etc:
- Source: Mark Pannell, Environmental Manager, Volvo Inc, 05/05/2015
- Source: Greg Kubisch, Energy Manager, Quad Graphics, 06/29/2015
- Source: Tricia Marker , Safety/Energy & Sustainability Supervisor P.E.M , Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort , 10/07/2013
Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY ROUNDTABLE:
Strengthening America's Manufacturing and Industrial Workforce
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) hosted a roundtable on March 8, 2021 to discuss how the Department’s Industrial Assessment Centers (IACs) are helping small- and medium-sized manufacturers improve energy efficiency, create jobs, and reduce their carbon footprints.
Featuring guest speaker Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm and moderated by Acting Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Kelly Speakes-Backman.
- Hannah Atkins, Technology Engineer, Clearon Corporation (West Virginia)
- Brian DeLuca, Director, New Jersey Clean Energy Program, Commercial & Industrial Programs, TRC Companies (New Jersey)
- Marco Gonzalez, Corporate Energy Manager. Waupaca Foundry (Wisconsin)
- Dr. Sachin Nimbalkar, Group Leader, Manufacturing Energy Efficiency Research & Analysis, Group. Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Tennessee)
- Farah Nourin, Graduate Student. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee IAC team (Wisconsin IAC)
- Dr. Julie Sieving, Co-Director, University of Utah IAC and founding member, IAC Women for Energy Efficiency (WE2) initiative (Utah IAC)
- John Smegal, IAC program Manager. Advanced Manufacturing Office. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy (Washington. D.C.)
West Virginia IAC receives Governor's Award of Excellence
West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin presented the West Virginia University (WVU) Industrial Assessment Center with the Governor’s Award of Excellence for Enabling Industrial Energy Efficiency. The award was presented during the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Day at the state capitol in Charleston, West Virginia.
IAC Director Bhaskaran Gopalakrishnan, accepted the award on the occasion of its 25th anniversary. The award was given in appreciation of IAC’s more than 400 energy assessments in West Virginia, resulting in reduced energy costs of approximately $2 million for West Virginia manufacturers.
|Center Director||Dr. Bhaskaran Gopalakrishnan|
PO Box 6070
Industrial and Management Systems Engineering Department, CEMR, IAC
Morgantown, WV 26506
|Assistant Director||Dr. Hailin Li|
The 58 students (in BOLD) have also been awarded IAC student certificates for exceptional participation.